Sunday, August 25, 2013

Introductions: "Third times a charm!"

As I sit here on this humid Sunday evening, I find myself wondering how to begin this blog.

For most people, starting a blog usually includes an introduction post.  Bringing its readers up to speed on their past and current life situations.  The author may even indulge on what they'd like to see in the future.

Truth is - this is my 3rd stab at (personal) blogging.  I feel like I'm a broken record by doing the proper introduction.  Sure, it's not fair to my readers now that aren't my friends (or weren't following me in the past).  I just feel almost like I didn't accomplish or follow through on my previous goals by seeing out the life of my blogs.

I also have to remind myself - that each time I let a blog ride of into the sunset, a chapter of my life was beginning.

My first personal blog was well done.  I was still trying to find what direction to head in with it, but I was happy with it.  I had my baby girl ... my loving husband ... and my little life.  My last post was even about me falling off the band wagon, and losing weight.  I probably would have followed through on it, being that in January I got a fresh fire lit under my toosh.  Then, on January 17th 2012 during a huge snow storm that kept me home for a week ...

It came as a surprise.  My husband and I were wanting to have kids 2 to 2 1/2 years apart.  It took us about 6 months to conceive my daughter.  So it only made sense I go off my birth control in December.  Being the fact I was induced at 39 weeks on September 24th ... that would mean baby's due date would have been early October.  You do the math ...
Brown Chicken Brown Cowwwwwwwww
 
The next 9 months was about changing life plans and preparing for a full house.  Of course now, I wouldn't want my life any other way!  However, my little blog was push to the back burner (along with any major physical transformation) and it fizzled.  When I was ready to begin blogging again, I created my second blog.  Same idea as the first one, but I focused a lot more on articles I wanted to share regarding home spa ideas and losing weight.  The idea was great, but I think since it wasn't as personal to me as I wanted my blog to be, it feel to the wayside of priorities.  That, and these two beautiful children of mine needed extra love and attention as we all learned how to balance life with each other.
My daughter & son, March 2013
So here I am.
Same goals.  Same challenges.
New life.  New family.
 
And most importantly, new outlook.
 
I almost feel like this blog was meant to be.  That the first two were stepping stones for where I'm at now.
 
I want you to come along with me as I try to continuously figure out this thing called life!  I have a very full, but fulfilling life.  Filled with work, school, family, fitness, friends, Relay and more.
 
My goals for this blog is to let you into some of those moments I think we all have.  The moments where you want to quit and break down.  The moments where you are so flipping excited, and want to high five everyone you see.
 
Moments when you want to cry ... laugh ... or just have a drink in silence.
Or a few drinks ... then silence!
 
And if I can touch just one person in any way ... that they read a post and go "yes, YES, that is exactly how I feel.  Thank GOD I'm not alone" ... I feel that this blog has accomplished it's mission.
 
I will also be very "Nikki" and share my favorite blogs ... articles ... workouts ... and more!  My blog will resemble life - it won't always be Sunshine and Rainbows.  I do, however, promise a good read.
 
Spoiler Alert: My Daughter loves Sesame Street.  Expect a lot of S.S. references.
 
I look forward to sharing more with you - but alas, my bed calls my name.  And I will answer the call! 
 
Thanks for checking my blog out.
 
 
 
Nikki
"Be the Thermostat - Not the Thermometer" 

No comments:

Post a Comment