Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Time to take my health back!

Okay. While this hasn't been a secret I joked with people that I have told I wasn't going to make it Facebook official until I got a date. It is nothing I am ashamed of but I know there will be many with questions and concerns. Some even said that I shouldn't post it to FB for just that reason.

But you know what?  I want to better inform this who may have concerns I also want to show that this isn't a "quick and easy fix". It is a tool I am being given and I will still need to work at it for it to work.

Back in late April I made the decision to finally take more control over my health. After feeling defeated by diets and life style changes that just didn't quite work I went to my mom to discuss her Bypass Surgery.

She was very helpful in informing me all she had gone through. In 2011 she was given the tool to take back her health. She is now a size 4 and in amazing health. She is also now dealing with arthritis in her back.  Had she been heavier this may had been a terrible situation. Thankfully she is healthy and can work on managing her back. It isn't going to be easy but gosh I can't imagine her doing it at her weight 4 years ago.

I went through the steps and today I am excited to share I am going to have Gastric Bypass Surgery. I am being given a tool so when I do what I know what needs to be done ... it actually works.

I am excited to begin this new chapter that will make me healthier and happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment