Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thankful

First - my apologies for not posting more.  Life has definitely gotten crazy with school and work, that things have fallen off my plate.  Including posting here.  I intend to not neglect my poor blog for so long again.

However I wanted to share my thoughts on an upcoming social media tradition of mine that I snagged off a friend many years ago.

Every November many friends also pledge to do the same.
Every November many friends argue that we don't do this enough, and it's silly to dedicate a month for it.

I'm talking about, through social media, giving thanks daily in November.

The argument I hear, is that we should be giving thanks everyday.  That just because it's November it shouldn't be the reason to all of a sudden give thanks.

What I would like to point out, at least in my own defense, is that just because I'm not on a public platform (like Facebook) giving thanks does not mean I am thankful daily!
I give thanks in my daily prayers.
I give thanks in person.
I give thanks via message or text.

I feel that dedicating November to go out of my way to post a status regarding my thanks to something (or someone) helps raise awareness that we should be thankful for someone (or something) in our lives.  Many of us don't think about all we have, and be thankful for it.  Whether you thank God, or Buddha, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Many of you have a roof over your head.  Many of you did not go hungry tonight.  Many of you are in decent health.

Many cannot say this for themselves tonight.

So remember to be thankful each day.  Thank a friend for their support.  Thank a relative for their love.  Thank a stranger for holding the door open.  Thank Jesus (or whomever you may believe in, if you do) for the food on your plate.

And don't be so quick to judge that people, like myself, all of a sudden start posting daily their "thankful's" on Facebook.  That person is just now sharing with you, the world, what they would have already been thanking for that day.



Thanks for reading,

Nichole
~ Be the Thermostat - Not the Thermometer ~

P.S. "Thankful's" <- Totally a word now ... you heard it here first, folks ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment