Monday, September 2, 2013

Back To Reality

For the long weekend, we packed up both kids and met up with my Aunt & Uncle for a long weekend at the Ocean.

Needless to say, it was amazing.

A "head clearing, releaxing, intoxicating, silly, loving, awesome" kind of amazing.

The weather was perfect ... the company was fantastic.

I never wanted to leave this fantasy world.

Alas, life crept up to me too soon and pulled me back in.  While I am not thrilled with confronting the bills, arrangments for Josh's layoff and more ... having this break on the coast was an unexpected necessity.



Leaving was hard, but I walked away with a clear head and a rejuvenated spirit.
I felt like I could take on the world again.  Something I feel we lose from time to time.  Especially as life gets busier and harder.  In the next upcoming weeks, I need to remember this feeling of calm and peace as I face new and bigger obstacles.

Co-Chair for my local Relay For Life.
Working Full Time.
School Full Time.
Family.
Husband.
Life.

I knew it was never going to be easy - but it will be worth it.

Next week we leave to go to Vegas ... if I feel 1/2 as great coming home from it as I did from the Ocean, I think I'm going to do all right in the next few months.









XO -
Nikki
"Be The Thermostat - Not The Thermometer"

No comments:

Post a Comment