Sunday, September 8, 2013

You are amazing



I would like to apologize in advance.

I haven't posted a whole lot in the last few days.  I've been in a weird place, emotionally.

It started with a memorial on Thursday ... followed by a series of events Friday ... and here we are.

It's weird, really.  I think a lot of people right now are going through stuff.  It's just weird, because I shouldn't (in my mind) be feeling this way.  At least for this long.

I feel like I should write this, at a minimum, until I can sort out these thoughts and put something together that's not completely random.

Be true to yourself.  Let no ones opinions or judgements sway or change your ways.
Who you are, is what makes you special.  You will not be able to be friends with everyone.  Not everyone will appreciate or understand you.  And as long as they don't try to bring you down or take away from your life, it's okay for them not to try to put in the effort to be better with you.
People are going to hurt you.  People close to you, that you never thought would, are going to let you down.  People that you never expected will also surprise you.  They will comfort you in times of darkness, and relight your fire.
You are the one who makes the choice on how react to what you've been dealt: Do you change who you are?  Do you retreat and suffer alone?  Do you flip the bird and move on?
As long as you are okay with what decisions you've made, no decision is a wrong decision.  Deep down though, you should remember and realize that changing who YOU are is not the answer.

You're human.  You're allowed to cry ... scream ... get mad ... and be sad.  You're allowed to go through depressed stages and want to cut yourself off from the world.  You're allowed to get more loud and let everyone know that you're not going to take it lying down.

You are just perfect the way you are.

I appreciate, and respect, each and every one of you.  Thank you for enriching my life, and I hope I have done the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment