Monday, September 30, 2013

Nikki In Progress 2.0 Experiment: Update

I hope everyone is doing well!

Last week I posted my goals in what I had hoped to accomplish with my weight loss journey.  As promised, I wanted to give you an update on how I did on my daily goals.  My weekly goal update will be next week ...

I had set three daily goals to hit.
The first, was to drink my weight in water daily.
I'll be frank - this one sucked (lol).

While I felt very hydrated, and made frequent trips to the bathroom - after my 4th bottle (each bottle is 4 glasses), I felt put off.  I understand if you were less weight (i.e. 120 lbs) how this might be more obtainable.  I did hit my goal twice in the last 7 days.  What I am taking from this, is that drinking water is important ... but it's baloney to drink in such excess.  I will stick to my 8-12 glasses a day!

The second goal was to eat like a King for breakfast, a Queen for lunch, and a Pauper for dinner.
I did okay for the first few days.  Then I derailed.  I am actually going to adopt this goal again for the next week, because I found the days I adapted to this, I felt 100 times better.  My body likes to be fueled in the morning.

Finally, my third goal was to have one cup of green tea a day.
Perhaps because of my excessive water consumption, I was not hitting this goal.  I loved the taste of my green tea though, when I did drink it.


Conclusion: Try again (ha, ha, ha).  Seriously though - the water goal was obnoxious.  In theory it seems good, but by day 3 I was over it.

For this upcoming week - I plan on just doing two goals.  The goals are the same as I tried to hit last week, but I'm hoping to do better:

1) King / Queen / Pauper
2) Green Tea

We are also starting a biggest loser competition this week ... I'm hoping between that and my goals that I stay on track.

Thanks for reading!

Nichole
~Be The Thermostat, Not The Thermometer~

No comments:

Post a Comment