Monday, September 2, 2013

September Preview

I thought I was going to bed ... but a clear mind comes with many ideas running rampant!

So to hopefully help shut off my brain for the night - I wanted to give you (my amazing readers) a preview of what to expect in the month of September:

Vegas
Not going to try to hide it.
But I am FLIPPING excited for this trip.

My first "adult" trip to Vegas was 2011, when my husband turned 30.  We had SUCH an amazing time, that I knew I wanted to go back for mine.  I had dreams almost nightly of Vegas when I was pregnant with my son ... I knew it had to happen.  However, my 30th was in January.  I didn't find it too appealing to go to Vegas in January.  So we opted to wait until the same time we went in 2011.  The weather was near perfection (for me anyway, ha ha).  The pools were still open.  It was awesome.  I cannot wait to go back, and create new memories in Las Vegas.


 College
This quarter should prove to be interesting.  Not because of what I'm taking ... but just how much I'm taking.
I was awarded a grant, and I wanted to make sure I took full advantage of what was given to me.  Therefore, I choose to up my credits from 10 to 15.  The good news is, if I can maintain 15 fall & winter quarter, I can scale back to 10 if needed in the Spring ... and hopefully graduate Summer (or possibly Fall quarter of next school year).  It's hard to say though - as I need to revisit my career path with my counselor after fall quarter.  Until then, I'm sure I'll be blogging a time or two in September about getting ready for this upcoming quarter.


Relay For Life
My husband shook his head at me earlier today, as I sat in the car on the way home (it was a long drive, considering traffic and the pit stops) talking about all the things for Relay I wanted to get started in the next week.  He laughed, smiled and just kindly said "Summer break went by way too quick."  It's true, though.  I promised him no major Relay commitments (i.e. meetings, etc) until "summer was over".  This was early June when I made this promise.
Where.  Did.  Our.  Summer.  GO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
My passion for Relay is quite large.  I am almost positive there will be many posts about it in my blog as I become more involved again.
 
 
My youngest, J.J.
My handsome little man is turning 1.  I actually am tearing up as I type it ... because it seems like only yesterday we were snuggling together in the hospital room.  He has always been a snuggler.  That will always be the memory I go back to.  It's the same one I do for Rachel as well.  That first day, husband leaves to talk with friends and family who are visiting ... I nurse my baby ... and we fall asleep.  Skin to skin, cuddling as mother and child.  Now here I am, 11 1/2 months later, about to throw him his first birthday party.  He's growing up every day in front of my eyes ... I just got to remember not to blink so fast.
 
 
Bubble Run 5K
The first race in my mini-series kicks off September 21st!  I am excited, as it'll be a "fun run" more than competitive.  I am allowed to push strollers, and am debating getting Rachel to "run" with me ... we'll see!  Nevertheless, I am thrilled about this kick off to what I hope is a positive lifestyle change.
 
 
The Nikki Fu Experiment 
I don't want to give anything away - but I think over the weekend I had a light bulb go off on what my first blog series should be.
Considering I have never tackled a series before, I was pretty excited when the idea came to me.  I need to do some research and planning before I can share it with you.  I'm hopeful that by the end of the month, my series will be underway!  (Spoiler alert: It's a little predictable in concept, but I feel my approach will separate me from others).

There is a few other little things to that I'm sure will be popping up this month ... but this covers the big subjects.  I am calling it now - I'm going to blink my eyes, and it's going to be Thanksgiving.


 
 XO -

Nikki
"Be The Thermostat - Not The Thermometer"

No comments:

Post a Comment