Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vacation Hangover!

Do you ever feel like you need a vacation after your vacation has already ended?

Yup.
You are suffering from a vacation hangover.

Sure, part of the want for another vacation so quickly is going back to work ... responsibilities ... life in general ...

But lets face it.  Your vacation flew by, and here you are.  Back on the plane, to return to your regular life.




This is where I'm at today.

My vacation was fantastic.  Filled with shows ... pool side lounging ... and of course, drinking.  We were in Vegas, after all.


Can I go back, please?
Yet, here I am.  Drained.
 
I relaxed.
I didn't rush things.
Why am I so drained??

I'm hungover.  From my vacation.
 
That's all it really boils down to.  It's not a terrible thing.  Smells and certain songs immediately transport me back to the gambling floor of the MGM, or into the Flamingo Restaurant where we frequented for Breakfast.
 
I'm glad to be home.  I'm glad to have my kids ... my friends ... my family ... my life.  Even work - kind of.
 
Okay, maybe not true about work.  My co-workers, though, is what I'm glad to be back to.
   
Vegas is my escape.  An escape that I crave and look forward to every couple of years.  In a city nicknamed "Sin City", I find peace and a calm there that I forget about here at home.
 
I think this "vacation hangover" is a reminder that I need to balance my life a little better, so I don't overdo it when the big vacations do come around.  Maybe cook a little more elaborate meals ... or have a glass of wine with dinner more often ... something to break the "norm".
I'd say take more baths.  But I have kids.  Toddlers.  Me taking a bath won't happen for another 18 years.
 
I promise myself that I will indulge a little more in my daily life.  Even the smallest of things will make a great impact.  I may not be returning to Vegas anytime soon, but it doesn't mean my vacation high has to fully go away.

I may need to remind myself of this many times, especially as life is about to get a little crazier ...

Thanks for reading.

Nikki
Be The Thermostat - Not The Thermometer
  

No comments:

Post a Comment